Week 21 starts
Result of Murder Trial
This depends on what you decided in the trial the week before.
If you imprisoned him, he escapes with other prisoners. -10 Commoner Approval.
If you sent him to be execution, there is an explosion at the gallows and rumors circulate about a cabal of evil Lumens. -5 Commoner Approval & Lose Lumen Approval. An additional -5 Commoner Approval if Julianna is present at your court. (Might also apply to Noble Approval, need more testing.) If Julianna and Selene escaped in previous weeks, this unlocks a special weekend activity this week.
You may receive a poem about yourself and a squid (this may be related to commoner approval):
- That's hilarious!: +1 Cheerful
- That's terrible!: +1 Angry
Regardless, it flies out of your hands and out to the window. Choose:
- Climb out and grab it: Test Climbing =100
- Success: +1 Willful, +1 Cheerful
- Partial Success (40 ≤ Climbing < 100): You grab it safely.
- Failure: You fall from the tower and injure yourself. +2 Afraid, +4 Yielding. You get the Injured mood for one week, which yields a penalty to learning Agility, Weapons, Athletics and Animal Handling skills until recovered, it has no bonuses.
- Ignore it: -5 Commoner Approval. This may come up later if Talarist was rudely rejected or snubbed
Fugitive Julianna Outcome
If you sent your agents after Julianna, ordered her death, and passed a Decoration =100 check on Week 18, you get "pleasant" news today. Unlocks The Price of Blood achievement. -1 Afraid, +10 Commoner Approval
If you chose to capture Julianna alive, consulted Brin instead, or wanted her dead but failed the Decoration =100 check, she avoids capture. In the latter-most case -10 Commoner Approval
Special Weekend Activities
Talk to Father
If you sent your agents after Julianna on Week 18, consulted Brin, and ordered the execution of the Lumen criminal last week, you can confess your fears of Lumen to Joslyn. In turn he reveals an important secret. Test Lore =100 to recall how Lumens brought disaster to Nova in the past. Regardless, Joslyn will find an anti-Lumen artifact that might come into play on Week 36.
|Events by Week|
|Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 | Week 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Week 34 | Week 35 | Week 36 | Week 37 | Week 38 | Week 39 | Week 40|